Monday, December 28, 2009

My 3 years and 8 months old son bites his finger nails?

He has been biting his finger nails. At first I thought the daycare teacher cut them, but later I found out he bites them. He bites them so deep that sometimes it irritates himself. He always says they are too long. but they are NOT - there is absolutely no white area (the area that doesn't attach the skin) left in the nails and I haven't have to cut his nails for a while. what is the deal? what should I do?My 3 years and 8 months old son bites his finger nails?
hi, im a nail biter, and i have been since i was quite young. i dont know why i began, My brother started before me,he slowly grew out of it, then i started doing it, it came to a hault when i moved to spain. Probably because everything was new and i forgot about wanting to bite my nails. i have started again but not nearly as bad, though only when im bored, stressed or tired. I dont know much about why we do it, but maybe you could try sometimes taking him out of familiar environments. When he starts biting ask him to help you do something, make it interesting for him. and erase the thought of his nails, i hope this will help you bothMy 3 years and 8 months old son bites his finger nails?
I did the same thing when I was little, even in my '20's. I never realized it while I was doing it. I was too busy thinking. But not to lay any sad story down, but my dad was always beating up my mom, from when I was a toddler, I had 2 older sisters that raised me, both parents worked, and soon, 3 younger brothers, that was in the '50's then our house burnt to the ground one day in '64, and my mom met a guy in '65 and left us with our dad. We all worked at my dads restaurant, I was a dishwasher till I was 12, then started cooking, my sisters were waitresses. My dad was drunk all the time. None of us went to school, but somehow we all graduated from high school, doing the GED thing. So biting my nails was the least of my concerns. Ask yourself, what concerns does your little boy have? Good luck.
Three years old should start to understand explanation. Sit down together and talk to him looking into his eye, Explain to him about the nail and show him your nail (Hope you got nice nail) he may be biting his nail unknowingly, buy some nail medication from pharmacist that make the nail bitter when apply to the nail, must explain to him before you put those on for him. If he stop biting, nail should grow in about a week.


You may need to consult your family Doctor if this don't work.
my son does this but only when he has split a nail - its a nervous habit and they can do it when they are uneasy about something or feeling unsettled.. idk whether that means anything to you - is there anything different about his social situation recently? if so, thats why - has he changed daycare's, moved house, or is there any tension among the family, are u particularly stressed right now? they can pick up on your mood so anything you're feeling - especially if you're stressed, he can feel it too!
wow seems like he is nervous about something, try telling him he will hurt himself and have to go to the doctor if he doesn't stop. Be careful he doesn't get an infection from biting them so low to the skin, good luck.
consider yourself lucky. i can't get my daughter of the same age to stop biting her toe nails. now that's gross!
Try feeding him.

No comments:

Post a Comment