Monday, December 28, 2009

Help! Please! Nail and finger skin biting!?

i have a problem of biting my nails and eating my finger skin. i dont know why, but it only happens when im nervous and ive been doing it for 2 years and i want to know what it is and how to get rid of it. i know its NOT!!!!! cannibalism. i never want to eat another human being. not saying i have. i mean i havent and never will.Help! Please! Nail and finger skin biting!?
I understand your wanting to quit this nasty habit. I use to do the same thing and couldn't resist just one more bite. I loved and hated biting my nails but surprisingly, and quite by accident, I realized I had quit this disgusting habit from no effort of my own.





My doctor prescribed Wellbutrin (burpropion hydrochloride) to help me quit smoking. In addition to successfully kicking my nicotine addiction, I found Wellbutrin to be extremely effective in keeping me from biting my nails. I was so surprised by this that I told my doctor. He said Wellbutrin has been found to help people with breaking unwanted habitual behavior. In addition to quitting smoking and biting my nails, I realized I had also quit another nervous habit of mine. I don't know how serious of a problem you think your nail biting is, but I'm telling you that Wellbutrin really works.





I don't know how you feel about going the medication route, but I heard your cry for HELP! I'm just passing information along so you have some options. You'll have to speak with your doctor to determine if he'll prescribe Wellbutrin to you as there are some possible side effects. Good luck to you, and don't beat yourself up. You're not a cannibal - dammit! LOL!Help! Please! Nail and finger skin biting!?
this may sound stupid, but the answer to your question is obvious... you want to stop biting your nails, soooo, stop biting your nails. If you don't bite your nails then you've done it! It's like quiting smoking cigarettes, the best way is to just not smoke anymore cigarettes, then you quit!





It sounds like you need another habit to come out when you're nervous... maybe a rubberband to play with, or a stress ball to squeeze, just something to make you not bite your nails.
When i was little i use to pick my scabs, i told my mother i wanted to stop so what she did was put pepper under my nails and whenever i would peel it would hurt and eventually i stopped; so try that.


Or instead find another good habit like chewing gum or biting the insides of your cheek.
What I did, was instead of biting my fingernails and skin, I stuck my teeth in between my fingernail and finger, and just didn't bite down, and that helped me stop, without even realizing it, in about a weeks time.
Ok thats what i do all the time eating my nails but what i did is made some lemon aid with limes in it and dipped my fingers in it then when i bit my fingers/nails it tasted sour!

No comments:

Post a Comment