Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Got nail in hand and finger is sore?

i got a nail stuck in my hand today just about my index finger thought nothing off it now i have extreme pain running down along the length of my finger is this normal due to bruising or should i go to a and e immediately.Got nail in hand and finger is sore?
I've had a nail through my hand and twice through my foot. The one in my hand did cause sharp jabs for a few hours like a tight ';pinching'; feeling inside my hand. That healed up fine though and didn't require anything more than a clean up with antiseptic.


I would say you've nicked the end of a nerve and certain movements are causing the pain. I wouldn't think it needs hospital treatment.





BUT, yes, there's always a but, if you haven't had a Tetanus shot recently then move it to the doctors. I got away with home-care because I had recently received a shot.Got nail in hand and finger is sore?
When was your last Tetanus shot? If you don't remember, run to the doctor! If you do remember, still make an appt. for this afternoon with your primary care physician.

No comments:

Post a Comment