Tuesday, December 22, 2009

3 weeks ago slammed my finger still has what I assume is blood underneath the nail what should I do?

Dried blood underneath the nail will go away as the nail grows. If it's badly damaged, and the nail falls off, you can use soap and water to remove the dried blood. Otherwise, just give it time and let the nail grow out.3 weeks ago slammed my finger still has what I assume is blood underneath the nail what should I do?
nothing it will grow out3 weeks ago slammed my finger still has what I assume is blood underneath the nail what should I do?
Your nail needs to heal, soak it in warm salt water, the nail may come off and about 3 months later a new nail will grow back.
There is blood caught underneath the nail, if there is no pain the nail will grow out and the dried blood should just come off when you cut it, or the nail might fall off, but really it no big deal, happens all the time.
This is called a subungual haematoma - blood bruise. Now it is an old injury the blood will no longer be runny and as your nail grows the bruise will come out with it. If the injury was new and your finger throbbing the blood could have been removed. It should be healed now. Take care.
It should be fine and is probably just a bruise which will go in time.


xx

No comments:

Post a Comment