Tuesday, December 22, 2009

I have torn my nail from my finger... what do I do now?

I got my nails done last week. I hit one of them, detaching my real nail from my finger (mostly) It is still hanging on by the cuticle. I have been putting antibiotic ointment on it, and it has stopped hurting. My question is, should I remove the fake nails, or keep them on to protect the finger. Also, I have a wedding in 2 months, so I'm not sure if it will be healed by then, in which case, maybe I should continue with the fake nails until then.I have torn my nail from my finger... what do I do now?
The best thing to do is to take off your fake nail and CAREFULLY remove as much as you can of your real nail. Because you real nail cannot attach back on again. You may want use a nail clipper to get off the rest of your real nail, but you don't have to get every little bit.





Once you've removed the fake nail and as much hanging nail of your real nail, wrap a bandaid around the injured finger to protect it from germs. Underneath your nail is sensitive to touch and germs. Thats why your finger nails are there, and thats what the bandaid acts like. (Though I would try to get a breathable bandaid to help it heal faster)





Oh no. Depends on how far you chipped your nail? A finger nail take 6 months to grow from base to tip. So if you chipped half your nail, then you will have to wear fake nails. X_X





Soooooooo sorry, I am very squeamish about finger nails coming off. So I'm very sorry it happed to you!!! x.xI have torn my nail from my finger... what do I do now?
Cry Like A bABY!

No comments:

Post a Comment