Saturday, January 9, 2010

Girls, do you think girls spend more time wearing polish on their toe nails or finger nails?

Please help me settle a bet with my girlfriend. I believe that women spend more time with polished toe nails rather than finger nails, while she believes it is about even. I base my opinion on my own habits where I wear toe nail polish constantly but only polish my finger nails for special occasions and then quickly remove the polish on the first sign of chipping. If you do wear nail polish please give an estimate of the percentage of time you wear nail polish on your toe nails and finger nails. I for instance wear toe nail polish 100% of the time while finger nail polish would be lucky to be 5% of the time. If you do wear nail polish regurlary what is the time frame between coats. I put on a clear topcoat every second day. My most used shade is actually clear followed by red and then a light pink. What is yours?Girls, do you think girls spend more time wearing polish on their toe nails or finger nails?
Well, for me, I'm really sorry, but I have to disagree with both you and your friend.





Cos since you said that you based your opinion on your own habits, may be your friend based HER opinion on HER own habits? So im MY opinion, I don't really think the bet is fair, whoever wins. Cos it's all about opinions. There isn't a right or wrong answer. Get what I'm driving at?





But anyway, to answer your other questions, whenever I go to the salon to do my nails, or paint my fingernails, I do and paint my toes as well. May be it's because I'm the sort of person who cannot tolerate incompleteness?! lol. So if I paint my toe nails, I HAVE to paint my fingernails too, and vice visa. If not I feel incomplete.





And so, in that case, I wear fingernail polish 99.999% of the time, and toenail polish 99.999% of the time. The other 0.001% for both is when I remove my nail polish, and give a spa treatment to my fingers and toes before applying another color.





Okay, my ';nail'; routine is this. First, I would use a cotton ball soak in nail polish remover and remove any excess nail polish that I have left on my nails. Then I would soak my nails in warm soapy water, usually scented with lavander oil. Then I would dry my nails, push my cuticules back, and file my nails. I put a base coat on my nails, let it dry, and then a thin coat of the color nail polish that I want. (Fingers usually being either pink, french manicure, etc. and toes usually being dark colors like deep red or brown, etc.) Once that dries, I put ANOTHER coat of the nail polish and let it dries. And then, I put a top coat on, and yes, reapply it every two nights.Girls, do you think girls spend more time wearing polish on their toe nails or finger nails?
Toenails :]

Report Abuse



toes nail
toes, duh it always last longer there.
yes
Toes - definitely. I rarely paint my fingernails (I always paint them green for St. Patrick's Day). My toe nails are usually painted. I go about 5 days with a coat then switch. My most common color is Cherry Red - sometimes I go light pink, copper, and dark blue.
Well, I've actually never thought about it, but I think you might be on to something. My toenails are polished most of the time, including winter, so perhaps 95% of the time. I just recently started painting my fingernails more often, but normally, I would say my fingernails are painted about 40-50% of the time. I use a lot of burgundy and silver on my nails. However, I just started venturing out into using other colors.
I would most definitely say the toes! For one, in the summertime, everyone wears flip flops and even if they don't paint them a color just get a french pedicure...they are still getting PAINTED! No one hardly ';paints'; their fingernails any more.. they just get them done with a french manicure which requires no PAINTING, just gluing and buffing.... By the way, I NEVER PAINT MY FINGERNAILS, BUT MY TOES...I WILL FREAK OUT IF THEY AREN'T PERFECTLY PAINTED (Burnt Orange with glitter or Apple Red) and a CLEAR COAT on top!
sorry, but most women I know polish their fingernails more than their toenails
my finger nails are bare now and thats usually how it stays. My toe nails on the other hand seem to be always polished. more so during summer because of sandles, flip flops. i would say toes 95% of the time every now and then I'll remove the polish but never seem to keep it that way. like dark reds or tans, browns
I wear nail polish on my toes most of the time but almost never on my hands. I'm always doing something with them so there's no point in polishing them because they'd chip in less than a day.
I say toenails!
I cannot stand polish on my nails...its doesn't stay long enough...it always chips and looks horrible...whether its clear or whatever, it drives me....but my toes are ALWAYS painted, I cannot stand to not have my toes painted, it makes me feel half-dressed...I love using pinkish-purple and red on my toes...IF anything is on my nails its clear(I did try color on my nails and it drove me crazy so no more)...
I get pedicures and I always get them painted as a French pedicure. It looks nice, and it stays looking nicer a lot longer than fingers. My nail tech guy told me not to keep the polish on any longer than three weeks at a time and let your nails go bare at least a week in between polishings to recover and keep from getting a nasty yellow stain. Toes all the way last longer!





I love the bold coppers and fire engine reds though! My favorite favorite color is by OPI and it's called ';I'm not really a waitress!';.
toes
I say finger nails. Unless you are the type of girl that wears flip flops year round. But then again it is usally equal cuz if you paint you nails a cetain color your going to paint your toes to match
  • kiss lip gloss
  • sun mask
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment