Saturday, January 9, 2010

Nail biting? Finger biting?

Ever since I can remember I'v always been a nail biter. I just always have and can't remember a time when I didn't. I will actually bite down my finger nails to a point where it is so painful if anything touches my fingernails for days it's painful. Recently I started biting, basically tearing skin off, my fingers. Not to the bleeding point but just taking the outher layer off. I don't eat my fingernails or skin I just tear it off and spit it out. Why do I do this? and How do I stop?Nail biting? Finger biting?
Behaviors can be changed. Be conscious of your moment of biting and tell yourself firmly,';I don't like doing this and I will stop now!'; or some other affirmation that is kind but strong ';I will stop biting my nails now and forever';


There is an underlying anxiety causing this, maybe a fear of abandonment or some other inner torment that you will have to explore through meditation and observation.


I not only chewed my nails til they were bloody, but I used to bite the tips of my fingers hard and indent the top of my nail with my teeth until it really hurt. I was punishing myself (for nothing) when my alcoholic parents or catholic nuns weren't punishing me. I lived in a world of absurd punishments and when it stopped, I continued punishing myself. An odd behavior, but logical.


But I commanded myself out loud to stop and I eventually listened to myself! So I know it works.Nail biting? Finger biting?
well you can put nail polish on and every time you bite it will taste bad,there are also these things called bite gaurds or something like that and u put it on your thumb and every time u bite it will give an aweful taste in your mouth [get this at you local pharmacy store]....yahoo answers not helping? then I would go to a docter soon it, sounds bad...well hope this helps and have a great 2008! 鈾?=]
maybe you got some kind of mineral inbalance or it is just a really bad habit. do you bite when your nervous or boared?


try wearing gloves, bad tasting nail ploish(wouldn't want to chip it either ;) ) get a freind to yell at you if they catch you biting, gross your self out by thinking of all the germs your putting in your mouth, chew gum, keep your hands busy with hobbies or crafts.
i have the same problem. you can put nail polish on, so when you bite your nails, it would taste bad.


i dont know how to stop from biting your skin. i do it, too, and my hands look horrible, especially when they're wet.


keep gum with you, so you already have somthing to chew on. its kind of helping me
Wring worm ewe bad habit nail clipper that's disgusting did you ever pick your Nose?
it's nerve and stress. try that stuff you out on your nail that taste bad.but i can't use because it dose bother me. ask a doctor or pharmacy person where to get it.
its a nerve thing, you need to relax and not get so anxious, that is what makes you bite them, also i would put something gross on them that when you bite them it taste bad and you stop doing it.
biting nails causes tiny pieces of your nails to stick in your stomach lining causing stomach pollups
try to relax and eat a lollipop that would help since i had biting my nails whenever i am tensed.
i don't know i have the same problem

No comments:

Post a Comment