Saturday, January 9, 2010

Smashed Finger, half of nail is coming off??? Help!!?

Almost three months ago I smashed my finger lifting weights. The damage happened to 60% of it. Now half of it looks like it wants off you can even see under it. Then there is the part that is healthy and connected on one side.... Im not sure what to do. If I go to a doctor he will probably just tear it off but is that the best thing to do? Part of it is still healthy...Smashed Finger, half of nail is coming off??? Help!!?
This happened to me before. It may hurt but pull the bad part of the nail off and use topical antibiotics on the nail bed. Put a band-aid over it to protect it from dirt and dust. Put on antibiotics and replace band-aid every day. It'll be fine in a few weeks.Smashed Finger, half of nail is coming off??? Help!!?
i slammed mine in a car door, and all that i did was clip off the part that's coming off and kept it clean.


my nail is back 100%!
I would see a doctor, they can help it grow back.

No comments:

Post a Comment