Friday, April 30, 2010

I have a 4 year old that bites her finger nails...?

It makes me crazy to know that she is going through some kind of anxiety period %26amp; I have not idea what is about or how to help her.


We have a very organized, healthy family...


Any ideasI have a 4 year old that bites her finger nails...?
ask her doctor or cut her nails lol. i know it's a common thing for young kids thoughI have a 4 year old that bites her finger nails...?
It's a hard habit to break. My daughter has bit her nails since she was 2 and now my son (3) bites his. I purchased some ';control-it'; nail biting cream, and it works! You have to remember to put it on several times a day, but boy is it NASTY!! You can get it online.
when i was 4 my nana used to tie my hands behind my back or put mustard on my nails-over 35 yrs later i still do it so i guess nothing she did worked
Maybe your answer is in the details of your question:





';We have a very organized healthy family';





What do you mean by organized? Are you extremely strict in your schedule, her play times, specific lengths of times for her to do things to the point it could be too much for a little one to handle?
My daughter just turn four %26amp; she started to bite her nails also until I took her with me to the nail salon %26amp; she saw all the pretty colors I told her if you stop bitting your nails mommy will allow you to have your nails pretty to match your toes..so for about a week I noticed she stopped all together so now we file her nails neatly %26amp; apply a light colored polish to her nails %26amp; toes just like MOMMY...Good luck ..
Maybe your daughter has gone crazy with your organised healthy family.


Chill down a little and let her be a kid. Millions do it.
I can remember biting my nails when I was pre school and my Mum used to put ';bitter allows'; on my fingers, it tasted AWFUL!


I am now middle aged and still bite my nails, I dont like doing it, but I just do!


Sometimes showing her she can manicure her nails might help as I go through phases where I manicure mine and I for a while I stop biting them. Hope it works better for your little girl.
My daughter would bite at her nails too. She likes to be a princess so we started painting her nails and that seems to help a little. She now likes the way french manicures look and says she wants tips LOL so I told her she had to grow them out a little she loves to see the white on her nails so she has stopped biting for now. I would let her pick out some polish and nail supplies and have some mommy daughter fun! Or take her to a nail place and have them painted with little flowers.
my mum used to buy some sort of nail polish that tasted so bad we stopped biting our nails. You buy it for a chemest it's specially designed to discourage kids from bighting their nails. Not sure of the products name but the pharmisist should know it's been around for years.


Your daughter may just be bighting her nails because it's just a bad habbit she formed not due to anxiety or maybe her friends bite their nails too.


Good luck
I'm only 15 but are you sure it's anxiety? My mom said i used to bite my nails and suck on my fingers (well, i still bite my nails) when i was little, but it wasn't out anxiety. it was just 'cause most babies like putting stuff in their mouths. anyway, i know my mom used to put little mittens over my hands to keep my nails from getting mangled.
  • kiss lip gloss
  • make up application
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment